Rev. August 6 2019
The EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) is designed to protect individuals’ online personal data: who holds it, what is held, and allow people more control over how their data is used. The GDPR applies across all EU nations and to any organization worldwide which holds or processes data of EU citizens.
Under GDPR regulations, the Bilingual Montessori School of Paris / Montessori Connect Global / CocoTech Consulting Co., Ltd. (“BMSP/MC/CocoTech/CocoTech”) is classified as a “data controller,” an organization which collects and uses information of EU citizens. Therefore BMSP/MC/CocoTech is required to comply with this legislation.
But going beyond the requirements of GDPR, BMSP/MC/CocoTech wants its parents and users to feel they are being treated respectfully, and with the utmost goal of protecting their privacy, when they share their personal data with BMSP/MC/CocoTech and their online website platforms, including https://montessoriconnect.global/. This Data Policy has been prepared to explain how BMSP/MC/CocoTech and its online portal MONTESSORI CONNECT collects, uses and stores the personal information of its users.
Table of Contents
- Who we are
- How we collect member information
- Information BMSP/MC/CocoTech collects
- Legal basis for using member information
- BMSP/MC/CocoTech Communications
- Sharing member Information
- Keeping member information safe
- Data retention
- Member rights
1. Who we are
Founded in 1972, The Bilingual Montessori School of Paris, Inc. (BMSP) is an international, multicultural, bilingual school dedicated to guiding and nurturing childrens’ full development by providing a learning atmosphere that promotes peace, harmony and respect based upon Montessori principles of education.
Montessori Connect is an online platform portal (website and App) founded by BMSP/MC/CocoTech and designed to provide registered users (Administrators, Directors, Teachers, Parents/Students, family Service Providers) with the ability to connect, communicate and share their Montessori educational journey within a private network.
2. How BMSP/MC/CocoTech collects member information
BMSP/MC/CocoTech gather necessary information primarily from interested parents during the school’s enrollment period, which begins in November and ends on January 31, and to provide them access to services, resources and events that BMSP/MC/CocoTech provides.
BMSP/MC/CocoTech collects information directly in the following ways:
- When users contact BMSP/MC/CocoTech for information
- Queries about BMSP/MC/CocoTech activities
- Event registration
- Student admissions applications and renewals
- Employment requests
- Registered Administrators, Directors, teachers, Parents/Guardians & students, Service Providers and Vendors
Information is also gathered when users interested in BMSP/MC/CocoTech visit our websites at https://www.montessori-paris.com/ and/or https://montessoriconnect.global/. Using analytical tools we collect general information about visitors which might include which pages you visit most often and which services, events or information are most interesting to you. We may also track which pages you visit when you click on links in emails sent by us. We also use “cookies” to help our site run effectively. There are more details below in the section ‘Cookies.’
We use this information to personalize the way our website is presented when you visit, to make improvements in its operation, and to ensure we provide the best service and experience for our members and visitors to our website. Wherever possible we use anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our website.
3. Information BMSP/MC/CocoTech collects
The basic information BMSP/MC/CocoTech collects on users includes their name and email address. In addition, users may provide additional information when communicating with BMSP/MC/CocoTech. More detailed information is collected for registered users to MONTESSORI CONNECT and for the admissions application.
This information is used for tasks such as:
- Processing new admission applications and renewals, donations or payments for BMSP/MC/CocoTech or MONTESSORI CONNECT events
- Update users about relevant issues related to BMSP/MC/CocoTech and its activities
4. Legal basis for using member information
BMSP/MC/CocoTech will only use your personal information to fulfill its mission to provide users with the information and services BMSP/MC/CocoTech offer under the GDPR’s “legitimate interest” lawful basis for using personal data.
Whenever BMSP/MC/CocoTech uses information collected under the GDPR’s “legitimate interest,” BMSP/MC/CocoTech will ensure that users’ rights are taken into account and will not use that information if users’ interests and rights override the use BMSP/MC/CocoTech wishes to make of that data.
When you first sign on to the BMSP/MC/CocoTech website, we will also ask for your consent to collect and use specific personal data in order to fulfill our mission.
5. BMSP/MC/CocoTech communication
BMSP/MC/CocoTech will only communicate with users who have consented to receive BMSP/MC/CocoTech products and services.
Parents and users can request that BMSP/MC/CocoTech cease communications by sending an written request through our ugh our website contact page.
6. Sharing Member Information
User data will primarily be used by BMSP/MC/CocoTech staff and only in the context of fulfilling BMSP/MC/CocoTech’s mission, registration, enrollment or an activity, event, or fundraising effort.
BMSP/MC/CocoTech will never sell or share your personal information with marketing organizations without your expressed consent. BMSP/MC/CocoTech will not share data with any other organization unless BMSP/MC/CocoTech have a legal obligation to do so.
7.Keeping Member information safe
BMSP/MC/CocoTech has undertaken physical, technical and organizational procedures and policies to the protect the personal information that BMSP/MC/CocoTech collects.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information using the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information sent to us this way, we cannot guarantee the security of data while it is being transmitted to us.
Our website may contain links to other sites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites. Please be aware that advertisers or websites that have links on our site may collect personally identifiable information about you. This privacy statement does not cover the information practices of those websites or advertisers.
We do not collect or hold any credit or debit card information when you make a payment to us. All financial transactions passed to Braintree (www.braintree.com), our payment gateway, where they are processed securely according to the Payment Card Industry Security Standards. The only information we receive is a confirmation that the transaction has been successfully processed.
8. Data retention
BMSP/MC/CocoTech will only keep user data as long as is reasonable and necessary for BMSP/MC/CocoTech’s activities and mission.
Under GDPR, individuals have the following rights concerning their personal data. The right to:
- Receive a copy of the personal information BMSP/MC/CocoTech has retained
- Object to BMSP/MC/CocoTech’s “legitimate interest” use of that data
- Ask for a correction of relevant data
- Withdraw their consent for the use of their data by BMSP/MC/CocoTech
- Request BMSP/MC/CocoTech to delete their data
To exercise these rights, send a written request through our website ugh our website: contact page.
A “cookie” is a small text file which is downloaded when you visit a website onto your device (such as computer, mobile phone or tablet). It is stored in the web browser application which you have used to access this website. The website and browser, using this cookie for identification, can then work together to provide you a better, personalized experience and gather information about how you use the website.
- “Strictly necessary” cookies are essential for you to move around our website and to use its essential features, such as accessing your member account.
- “Performance cookies” collect anonymous information about how you use our site, such as which pages are visited most.
- “Functionality cookies” collect anonymous information that remember choices you make to improve your own experience, such as your text size or location. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog.
- “Analytics cookies” are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
No Cookies, Please
However be warned that if you choose to refuse all cookies, our website may not function for you as we would like it to.